- Vedanta Limited is a diversified natural resources company, whose business primarily involves producing oil & gas, zinc - lead - silver, copper, iron ore, aluminium and commercial power. The company has a presence across India, South Africa, Namibia, Australia and Ireland.Over the past 5 years the group has displayed exemplary appetite for organic and inorganic growth.
- Vedanta Ltd operates an integrated port terminal handling import coal in Visakhapatnam – Vizag General Cargo Berth Pvt Ltd on a 30 years B.O.T concession from Visakhapatnam Port. This is a deep-drafted (18.10 metres) Cape size (200,000 DWT) facility having rated capacity of about 11 MMTPA which has rapidly grown to a run-rate of 7 MMTPA within 2 years of COD. The terminal can dispatch over 9 rakes per day into the hinterland through its automated wagon loading system.
- Sterlite Ports is Vedanta’s 100% owned Infrastructure Development Company, which entered the Port Infra business in the year 2009 and has registered exciting growth trajectory since then. Company’s vision is development of strategic Port and Transportation Infrastructure on a pan-India basis. Built to best in class standards & operated at the highest environmental & productivity norms; the assets are being tailored to give the highest investor satisfaction.
- Sterlite Ports has now been awarded the project to Design, Build & Operate a 19 MMTPA capacity multi-cargo Port terminal in Mormugao Port, Goa for handling Iron Ore, coal & other commodities.
- Visakhapatnam & Goa together will place Vedanta Limited in the major league of Port Infra:
(a) Only owner of three mechanized Cape-size berths in two Major Port Trusts
(b) Combined berth length : 1.40 kilometers
(c) Combined capacity : 33 MMTPA
(d) Combined land : 88 acres
(e) Combined investment : 1200 crores
(f) Access to a combined coal & iron ore marketplace in excess of 100 MMTPA
- With this ,Vedanta will have strategic presence on both West & East Coasts in the traditional Iron Ore & Coal hubs respectively.